Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall at the Dallas Arboretum



James and I met Lynn and her daughter Olivia at the Arboretum today. Lynn and I were assistant buyers together in the same office at Neiman's years ago. In fact, I would not have survived there without her! We reconnected on Facebook several months ago and James and Olivia are only 2 months apart. It is so fun to hang out again but now with our little ones! The weather was gorgeous yesterday. We walked around, had lunch, and took picures of James and Olivia with the pumpkins. There were mommy and me activities from 10-2. They had face painting, a petting zoo, music, and the only one we could really participate in, a photographer. We waited in line for about 20 minutes and the photographer took Oliva's then James' picture with the pumpkins. We won't get the picture back for a week but I will scan and post it when I do. The photographer really had James smiling and laughing so I can't wait to see it. It was after this that we decided to take our own pictures and by then James wasn't as smiley as usual because it was almost nap time. There are still some precious pictures though. He was so curious about the pumpkins; I love that about him. He is curious about everything. He also tried to eat the hay and hold Oliva's hand, which was so cute! James is 5 months old today!