Tuesday, October 13, 2009

5 1/2 months old

I think I am a big boy when I can sit up by myself!
Future QB

I love my football
This week James has been very active, so much in fact he nearly flipped off the changing table when I was changing his diaper! That is his new favorite thing to do, flip over to his tummy while I am changing him. He smiles when he does it so he must think it is fun. We are still working on sitting up by himself. He can sit with his boppy or by himself for a short period of time but always falls over. He has a new exersaucer which he loves playing in but can only stay in it for about 10 minutes before he gets tired. I will try to video him playing in it soon because it is so cute to see his little mind at work as he plays with the differen toys. Below is what babycenter.com says about how he is developing this week:

Your baby's getting better at spotting very small objects and tracking things that are moving. At this point, he may be able to recognize an object after seeing only part of it — like his favorite toy peeking out from under a blanket. This will be the basis of little hide-and-seek games you'll be playing in the coming months. He can also follow an object out of his view.You may also notice that he'll reach for a block (or another object) on a table if you hold him close to it, and once he's got one, he may just go after a second.

In our baby yoga class one of the things we do is hold a small object above our baby's eyes and move it slowly from one side to the other so he can practice tracking. James is very good at it and has been for a while!