Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! It has been so long since I have posted on our blog that I don't even know where to start. We have had some BIG changes in our lives since the spring and I need to write a more detailed update. I will do that soon! But, the short version is-we moved (twice), I spent many days of the summer visiting my Dad in the hospital (after 3+ months he finally came home & is well!), James started Pre-K at Dallas International School (where I am still teaching), my step-son & step-daughter now live with us full time, and our baby GIRL is due in 9 weeks!!! I could not be more excited for the final addition to our family. I was convinced we would have boy #3 (which would have also happily completed our family) then I got the surprise of my life! I will never forget the day we found out and cannot wait to write about it. I have over 1,000 pictures from last spring and summer. I plan on going back and writing a few blog entries for each month so I can document this pregnancy and all that has happened! I can't believe how fast the past 30 weeks have flown by. All of these major events deserve their own post so I will be writing more soon. 

We spent today enjoying Thanksgiving lunch at the club, just the five of us. Simon was with us but the picture of the boys I took was not good. He took the picture above. Ellie is with her mom this week, Grandma-ma & Papa are in Red River, Grandad is visiting Uncle Scott, Aunt B, Myla & Adyn in Colorado, and Nanie spent the day in Austin with Aunt Lea! I would have loved to have gone to Red River or Colorado but we did not have the whole week off of school so driving that far to stay only 3 days wasn't worth it! 

We are spending the rest of the long weekend doing a few projects around the house, shopping, watching movies, and decorating for Christmas! I love this time of year!