Monday, October 13, 2008

11 week update

We went to the doctor this afternoon and had an ultrasound. Everything is great. We heard the baby's heartbeat it was an unbelieveable experience! The nurse took several viles of blood and I am usually quite squeemish. (ask my Mom, I fainted once when I had blood taken when I was 14) But amazingly I found someone who is worse than me, my husband! I had to tell Sean not to look and that it would be ok. He did stay in the room and hold my hand. Gee, I wonder how he will be in the delivery room? =)

Somehow last week flew by and I missed the 10 week update but he/she was the size of a kumquat. This week he/she is the size of a fig and is doing "water ballet"! Here is what babycenter.com says how our baby is developing. See below:

Your pregnancy: 11 weeks
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

Our next doctor's apoint is 4 weeks from today on November 10th. I will post a few updates between now and then.

Love,
Tiffany & Sean