Tuesday, July 14, 2009

11 weeks old

Our sweet little angel

James Peyton
Hanging out on the boppy

This week we have been reading a lot. James loves to look at the pictures and listen to me read books to him, which is great since I have so many children's books from my years teaching. He tries to read along with me by saying "wooooooo" and "ohhhhhhhh" as I read. I am not the only one who noticed. Mildred, our wonderful nanny/babysitter who watches James a couple of times a week when I go to the office or have a showing, told me the same thing. She said, "I was reading to James and he was "talking" the whole time trying to read along with me!" He is so smart, reading already at 11 weeks old. =) Below is what babycenter.com says about how James is growing this week:

He's no Fred Astaire yet, but your little one's movements are getting a bit more coordinated. You'll notice that the jerky arm and leg movements of his newborn days have given way to smoother, more circular motions, especially when he's watching people.Give your baby enough space to stretch and move his arms and legs. Lay a blanket on the floor and let him move as he pleases. These movements can help your baby strengthen and tone his developing muscles. On his tummy, he'll start to push off with his legs — the first step in getting ready to crawl.

I tried to take pictures without using the flash because I don't want it to hurt James' eyes and he makes funny faces in reaction to it sometimes. They turned out a little blurry. I have had my camera for years, it's time for a new one. Hopefully I will get one soon!