Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Favorite toy

This week James has discovered his tongue! He loves to stick it out and will even mimick me if I stick my tongue out at him. The picture above is of James with a ball that Grandma-ma gave him. It's his first "favorite toy". He is fascinated by it and loves to hold it or watch it as I turn it in front of him. I also use it to explain colors to him. James also likes to put just about anything he can grab into his mouth(see above) Don't worry, I washed the ball before I gave it to him because I knew what he would do with it! Below is what babycenter.com says about how James is developing at 10 weeks old:

How your baby's growing: He's no Fred Astaire yet, but your little one's movements are getting a bit more coordinated. You'll notice that the jerky arm and leg movements of his newborn days have given way to smoother, more circular motions, especially when he's watching people.Give your baby enough space to stretch and move his arms and legs. Lay a blanket on the floor and let him move as he pleases. These movements can help your baby strengthen and tone his developing muscles. On his tummy, he'll start to push off with his legs — the first step in getting ready to crawl.

We are working on more tummy time this week so I will take pictures and post next week.