Monday, December 13, 2010

1-18-11

We have a date! Our baby boy is scheduled to arrive on January 18, 2011, which is also my grandmother's 90th birthday. We had a doctor's appointment today and after the quick check of baby's heartbeat and usual questions about how I am feeling I asked Dr. Matthews when we could talk about scheduling the c-section. He said, "Let's go to my office and we can schedule it now." It seemed kind of strange scheduling our baby's birthday but since I do have to have a c-section I would rather have it scheduled than end up having to have emergency surgery.

The earliest the hospital will allow Dr. Matthews to schedule a c-section is one week ahead (at 39 weeks) so that would have been January 13th. But, I want our little guy to stay put and develop as long as possible. So that left Monday the 17th-Thursday the 20th (my actual due date). We thought the 18th would be the perfect date. Not only is it Grandmom's 90th birthday but it is a Tuesday and the day ends in 8. James was born on a Tuesday and his birthday is the 28th of April. We are so excited! 35 days to go...unless our little one decides to arrive early. I know things don't always go as planned! ;-)