Sunday, December 19, 2010

Potty Time?


I think I will be going to buy this book tomorrow! I had no intention of trying to potty train James until he turned two, especially since I have heard boys take longer than girls and are a little harder to potty train. But, James went pee pee in the potty all by himself tonight! It was bathtime and he helped take off his clothes, as usual, then I was about to help him into the bathtub and he pointed to the potty. I asked him if he wanted to sit on it and he said, "Yah!". I picked him up and helped him sit on the potty and he went immediately all by himself! I flushed the toilet, clapped, and said, "Yay James!" He had the biggest smile on his face and was so proud of himself. I put him in the bathtub then he climbed out and asked to sit on the potty again. He tore off toilet paper, pretended to wipe, threw the tp in the toilet, then flushed it all by himself. Apparently Mr. Independent wanted to do it all by himself the first time because he then climbed back in the tub and we continued with his bath routine as normal. Honestly I have not had time to read or research anything about potty training but since he is so interested I need to start!