Tuesday, February 17, 2009

29 week update

I was 29 weeks on the 13th! I am going to continue to count the weeks according to the originial May 1st due date even though my doctor assures me I won't "last" that long. We are taking baby bump pictures and the bump is defintely getting big! If anyone really wants to see I will be happy to share, just email me and ask but I would rather not post on the blog. Here is what babycenter.com says about how our baby boy is developing:

How your baby's growing:Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

"J" is kicking and moving even more now! There will be times when he will kick and I will jump or it will take my breath away! I am still amazed every time it happens and love feeling him move around. Our next doctor's appointment is Monday February 23rd then we will be going in every two weeks. We will schedule a 3-D ultrasound which I can't wait to see. My doctor said it is best if the ultrasound is done between 28-32 weeks when the baby still has room to move around. I will update again after our appointment on Monday.