Sunday, February 22, 2009

30 week update

We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, Monday the 23rd, at 4:00 p.m. and our 3D ultrasound is scheduled for next Tuesday March 3rd! I can't wait to see "J"'s sweet little face. Here is what babycenter.com says about how he is developing:

Your pregnancy: 30 weeks
How your baby's growing: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

The bigger "J" gets the more I feel him moving around. I can actually tell his sleeping patterns. Our little guy isn't a morning person and moves around a little when I wake up but doesn't really "wake up" until about 9:30 a.m. He is so active though in the afternoons and evenings. Hmmmmm, I can't imagine where he gets that from! He also moves a lot anytime I eat. This weekend he has had fun jabbing me in my left bottom rib with his foot or elbow, I am not sure which. It doesn't hurt, it either tickles or makes me jump! Thankfully I am still sleeping at least 8 hours a night, which is great. I have been so busy though I need it. I'll write a quick update after the doctor's appointment tomorrow!