Monday, February 23, 2009

Doctor's appointment

We had a doctor's appointment late this afternoon. It was a quick appointment but everything seems to be right on track. My weight, blood pressure, and protein levels were all normal. We listened to the baby's heartbeat and Dr. Matthews said it was perfect. He also said our baby boy is positioned head down which is wonderful news. That confirms "J" must be practicing his soccer skills as he continues to kick me at the very bottom of my rib cage! The doctor also measured my fundal height (measurement from the pelvis to the top of the uterus) and it was 31 cm, exactly where it is supposed to be. It should roughly be within 1-3 cm of how far along you are so since I am 30-31 weeks, 31 cm is exactly in the range I should be. This is a way the doctor can make sure the baby is developing at a normal rate. I really wanted there to be something more exciting but Dr. Matthews assured me that I want these appointments to be routine and uneventful, which means everything is perfectly normal and right on schedule. We go back next week on Tuesday the 3rd but only to meet with the sonographer for the 3D ultrasound and to get "J"'s picture taken! Our next regular appointment will be on Monday March 9th. I can't believe we are already down to going every two weeks! We are so excited!!!