Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our big boy



James is a big boy now! He has slept through the night in his crib in his own room the last three nights. I noticed that during his nap time he seemed more comfortable in his crib then when he slept at night in the pack and play in our room. So we put him down in his crib at 10:30 p.m. and he slept until 7:00 a.m.! I fed him then he went back to sleep until 9:30 a.m. I really thought it would be a harder transistion and wasn't quite ready for him to be in his own room yet but I am not complaining! I just loved having him near me in our room. I now sleep with the monitor on my nightstand so I can hear him when he needs me.

The above pictures are some of my favorites. James was 7 weeks and 3 days old when I took them. He is 8 weeks old today and is constantly smiling, laughing, and "talking". For a while he just said, "ohhhhhh" but now he is really cooing. Of course I think it's the cutest thing I have ever heard! He has also discovered his hands. He sucks on his little hands or makes a fist and tries to put the whole thing in his mouth! Here is what babycenter.com says about how James is growing this week:

Your baby can tell the difference between familiar voices and other sounds, and he's becoming a better listener. He can also show you that he's in tune with his environment. Notice how he looks to see where certain noises are coming from.An ongoing conversation (although seemingly one-sided) can help your baby develop his sense of place. He may even watch your mouth as you talk, fascinated by how it all works. You'll be amazed by his ability to communicate with a growing repertory of coos (musical, vowel-like sounds), smiles, and unique cries to express his different needs.


We are taking James to his pediatrician for his two month appointment a week from today. I will write an update with his stats next week!