Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crawling & Clapping

James has started doing a few new things this week. He finally starting crawling up on all fours! He has been doing the "army crawl" using his forearms since October and is very fast but all of a sudden on Tuesday night he pushed up and crawled across the room. I think his upper body is much stronger now since he has been pulling up to standing. He also cruises by holding onto furniture and taking a few steps!
Crawling

Up on all fours

Wearing his new Longhorn tee from Grandma-ma & Papa
One of James' Baby Einstein dvd's has the song "If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands" and shows a baby clapping. I had the dvd playing while I was folding laundry and James was playing on the floor. The song came on and James started clapping! It was so cute. He has done it consistently and also claps if I say "yaaaaayyyyyyyy" and start clapping. I will try to video him soon!