Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mother's Day Out

Today I took James to Mother's Day Out at First Baptist Church for the first time. He will be going every Thursday from 9:00-2:30. Let's just say James did much better than his mommy. I cried when I walked in the room to drop him off! I was a little nervous about dropping him off since I had never left him anywhere. The only people I have ever left James with is family or Mildred and that was at our house, leaving him somewhere is completely different! I walked in the room and the two ladies remembered us from visiting the week before. They were so sweet when I started crying, and yes I felt ridculous. Do you know how many moms I have comforted dropping their children off on the first day of Kindergarten? I knew James would be fine and I would see him in a few hours but he is my baby and this was a tough "first" for me. I gave the teachers all of the instructions and James was already playing on the floor with his new friend Jake. I was happy to see there are only 5 babies in the class and two teachers, and the class is now full. I kissed James on the cheek and told him mommy was going bye-bye. He just smiled and kept playing. I had a productive day of catching up on work at the office and running errands. I went to pick him up a little early at 2:00 because I missed him so much but he was sound asleep in one of the cribs! Guadalupe and Tanya said he had a great day! I had fun talking to Jake's mom, Susie, while waiting for James to wake up. Susie is a part-time Realtor out of my office, grew up in Fort Worth and went to All Saints, and graduated from TCU in 1999, one year after me. We couldn't believe we didn't know each other. Susie has her hands full right now with three boys under the age of 3! I can't imagine! I will try to take a picture of James and Jake together next week, they are the only boys in the class and Jake is only three weeks older than James.