Monday, January 25, 2010

Sick

Mommy, I don't feel well
But I will always smile for you!
Last week was not fun. I could tell James was not feeling well Tuesday afternoon and evening. He wanted me to hold him all afternoon, would rest his head on my shoulder, and cry if I put him down. Wednesday morning he woke up with 102.7 fever. It went down to 100 with Infant Tylenol and since he had no other symptoms the nurse at our pediatrician's office did not recommend bringing him in. By Wednesday night he had a runny nose and fever of 103.8 and that was with Infant Tylenol in his little system every 4 hours. Luckily our doctor's office has a 24 hour nurse's line and the RN I talked to was so nice and calmed me down. I was a little freaked out that James' fever was almost 104! She said if it reached over 104 we should take him to the ER but if we could keep it under 104 then we could take him to Dr. Smith first thing Thursday morning. We were up most of the night and went to Dr. Smith's office at 9:30 Thursday morning. James' fever was down to 99.5, he tested negative for the flu, and Dr. Smith ruled out an ear infection. Basically James had a virus with high fever and a stuffy, runny, nose. Dr. Smith said it had been going around and should last 3-4 days. We continued with the Infant Tylenol and James had fever until Friday night. We all did not sleep much since James' nose was so stuffy he kept snoring really loud and waking himself up! We used our humidifier with vapo steam and it helped a little. He is so much better now but slept a lot Sunday and Monday to make up for his lack of sleep last week!
*Yes I know his shirt is a mess in the pictures but I thought they were too cute not to post. My sweet boy had been drooling, crying, and had a runny nose!