Thursday, July 29, 2010

15 weeks-our little apple


I am 15 weeks today! I love second trimester. I am not tired anymore, in fact I have a lot of energy and the nauseousness is completely gone! Above is a picture from last week-14 weeks along. I have only gained 2 pounds so far so there is a little bump. Below is what babycenter.com says about our little "apple":

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). He's busy moving amniotic fluid through his nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his lungs begin to develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all of her joints and limbs. Although his eyelids are still fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but he is forming taste buds.