Friday, September 17, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

We had our 22 week doctor's appointment today and it is official. We are DEFINITELY having another BOY! We saw the sonogram technician first and as soon as she put the camera on my tummy the first image was of our little one's bottom and between his legs. Without a doubt, we are having a boy! =) I will save him from future embarassment and will not post that picture. I love the picture above, his little hands are above his chest. I think it looks like he is praying. We saw him yawn and stretch his arms above his head. It was so cute. I was right, he is very high up near my ribs and he is also breech but that can always change in the next several weeks as he continues to grow. We saw his two little hands and feet as well as all ten fingers and toes. The sonogram tech. also checked to make sure there are four chambers of the heart, three vessels of the umbilical cord, and that all of the major organs looked normal. She measured our little guy's femer, head, stomach, kidney, and heart. Just like James, everything measured about a week ahead, 23 weeks 2 days, but still well within the normal range. She said everything looked great! We are so grateful for our healthy baby boy. He weighs 1 pound 5 ounces! We saw Dr. Matthews for our regular appointment next. He went over all of the sonogram measurements and said everything looks normal. My next appointment is on October 15th and I will have the Glucose test to check for Gestational Diabetes. Definitely not as fun as an ultrasound!