Saturday, June 18, 2011

5 months old


Dear Michael,

You are 5 months old today! You are growing up so fast. You and your brother are my pride and joy and I cannot imagine our family without you in it. I think James is finally used to having you around. He is so protective and loves to "help". He drags his little stool into your room to "help" change your diaper, which usually involves climbing up onto the changing table with you. He also likes to "help" give you a bath. He brings the stool into the kitchen and stands by the sink when Mommy is giving you a bath in the blue bath tub. I give him a cup and he likes to pour the water on your legs and tummy. I know it is normal for siblings to fight and/or be competitive but I hope and pray that you two will be the best of friends!

Mommy has to leave tomorrow and it will be the first time I spend the night away from you. I am going to The Phil Mickelson Exxon Mobil Teachers Academy for a work conference. I am very, very sad to be away from you for three days but you have the best Daddy and I know he will take good care of you! The conference is actually five days but I told Daddy I would not accept the invitation to go unless he brought you and your brother down and joined me the last part of the week. The Academy is held at The Woodlands Resort and family is encouraged to come with the teachers so I am actually looking forward to our little mini vacation!

So Michael Scott, what are you up to at 5 months old?

You are 26 1/4 inches long and weigh 16 lbs.

You wear a size 2 diaper

You wear size 3-6 month clothing

You have become our little roly poly. I put you on a blanket on the floor and you roll over back to tummy to back again or vice versa.

You are still only on breastmilk and Goodstart formula. You will be starting solids next month when you are 6 months old!

You are definitely teething because you are drooling a lot! I think I can feel a little bit of a bump but I know sometimes it takes months before the first little tooth pokes through.

You are a talker! Somtimes when you are "talking" James will say, "Tell me all about it Mytul!" or "Is that so?" He mimicks the things I say to you and I think it is the cutest thing ever!
You love bath time and the water. We go to the club at least twice a week to swim and you love hanging out in the baby pool!

I can't wait to see how you grow and change this next month. How is it possible that you will be 6 months old?!? I wish I could slow down time and you could stay my baby boy forever but since that is not possible I cherish every moment I have with you.

Love,
Mommy