Friday, November 18, 2011

10 months old


Dear Michael,

You are 10 months old today and a BUSY boy! We went on a walk earlier today and I took this picture with my phone. It is the only picture I have in the last few days where you are sitting still! I joke and tell people I thought James was into everything and busy, ha! You have your brother beat on that one. You are so fast. You can crawl across an entire room in two seconds. You pull up on everything and walk holding onto the couch, chairs, or anything you can get your little hands on. If there is something on a table or shelf you can reach, you like to throw it on the floor and laugh when you do it. You are so happy and laugh all the time. The other night we were all riding in the car and you started laughing at yourself in the mirror and would not stop. Daddy, James, and I were all laughing with you because it was just too cute. This month was a big month, you took 3 steps all by yourself at 9 months and 12 days old! You are still in the infant room at Brookhaven and Mommy misses you very much during the day but I know you are in good hands. You are now the second oldest in the room! Daddy says you are always laid back and happy when he drops you off and when we pick you up, you crawl to the door as fast as you can with the biggest smile on your face.

So Michael Scott, what else are you up to at 10 months old???

You are 30 in. long and weigh 22 lbs

You wear a size 4 diaper

You wear size 12 month clothes and a few 12-18 month shirts

You still only have two bottom teeth but you are working on your top two front teeth! We can feel the little bumps and see a little white through your gums on the top front left tooth. I am going to miss your big toothless grin when your front teeth do come in!

You are finally a wonderful sleeper! I have been waiting for you to sleep 12 hours a night consistently. For months you would wake up hungry every night between 3:00 a.m.-4:00 a.m. and would suck down a 4 oz bottle like you had not eaten in days. We did not want to give you more than that because we were trying to wean you off the nighttime feeding. We tried feeding you more food at night before bed, more milk (Gerber Goodstart Formula) before bed, but you still never drank more than 6 oz. I think you finally are a little older and eat more during the day so you do not need the bottle anymore at night. You now go to bed at 8:00 p.m. and sleep until 7:30 a.m. or 8:00 a.m. Yay!

You LOVE food. I have never seen anything like it. You will eat anything and usually eat like it is the best thing you have ever tasted. It's hard to narrow it down but your favorite foods are probably pasta (spaghetti or Annie's Organic Mac & Cheese) & fruit (especially blueberries).

You love Daddy very much but you are a Mama's boy! My favorite time of day is at night right before I put you down for bed. I rock you and we snuggle with your head on my shoulder and your little knees scrunched up under you. I just hold you and rock and cherish the quiet time together.

You love music and love to "dance". If you hear any kind of music and you are standing up your knees start bouncing!

You started clapping this past month. We have a bear that sings, "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" and as soon as the bear starts singing you start clapping! You are very proud of yourself. :-)

You want anything that your brother is playing with and most of the time he doesn't want to share. Some days he loves to play cars with you and others he wants 14 cars to himself and will hand you one to play with. I can tell how much you love him and look up to him though. I love watching the two of you play together and interact!

You are so good in the car. The only time you cry is when you are hungry and most of the time you take a nap. We just bought your big boy convertible car seat and will be making the switch soon!

I am excited to celebrate your 1st Christmas and I just started planning your 1st Birthday party! I can't believe you are turning one in two months! I love you, Michael and can't wait to see how you grow and change this month.

Love,
Mommy