Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Friday night Fun

Superman waiting in line for his ballon animal and seriously watching the lady make it

Superman and his balloon dog. He chose purple and told the balloon lady "because it's Mommy's favorite". What a sweet boy and he knows Mommy's favorite color!

Mommy and our little Tigger
Friday night we went to a Halloween party at Brookhaven Country Club with our Brookhaven friends who I originally met through baby yoga class and playgroup when James was a baby. Now four of our kids are in class together every day. It is so fun that they are growing up together! We are always so busy chasing the kids (more on that in a minute) we never get pictures of each other. I did manage to take a couple of pictures with my phone of James dressed up as Superman and one picture of Michael as Tigger. He did not like having the hood on his head! I really wanted to dress Michael up as a monkey because we always call him our little monkey but maybe next year. I thought it would be cute if he wore the same Tigger costume that James wore on his first Halloween!

We picked James and Michael up from school at 5:30 p.m. and went over to the Halloween party in the Ballroom at the club. We had been there for about an hour and Sean had to walk back over to the school to get food for Michael. (We thought we had some in the diaper bag but didn't) He was gone for maybe 10 minutes at the most. I was sitting next to Michael who was in a high chair eating puffs and James was happily playing on the floor with this toy plush pumpkin next to us. I turn to Michael for less than 20 seconds and look back over to where James was and he. was. gone. I immediately stood up and looked all around and could not find him! Kids were running around everywhere but I could still see around the entire ballroom and James was no where to be found. My sweet friend Emily started to help me look for him while our other good friend Staci watched Michael. We could not find James anywhere inside the ballroom and finally Emily said, "The pumpkin that James was playing with is on top of the piano, by the back door!" We ran out the door which goes out to the pools and asked a couple if they saw a boy run by. They said yes and described what James was wearing. He had taken off his Superman costume earlier and was back in his t-shirt and jeans. I had the most horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. You know your friend cares about you and your family when she is sprinting along side you screaming your child's name as loudly as you are. Well, we found James with a big smile on his face standing in line for the bounce house. Why in the world they would put the bounce house near the pools is beyond me. I actually talked to the GM about it later that evening and he explained to me that the top of the bounce house was so tall there was no other place to put it. Anyway, I was so happy to see James and mad at him at the same time that I frantically yelled his name, which I think scared him but also made him realize he was in trouble. So he ran. Towards the pool. I finally knelt down and said, "James come give Mommy a hug!" and he turned and ran back to me. Thank God. I hugged him tight as tears streamed down my face and told him how worried I had been and how he is to never go anywhere without Mommy or Daddy again. Isn't parenthood great? All of this happened in a matter of ten minutes. I carried James back into the party just as Sean was walking back in. I was crying, mainly out of relief that James was ok. Needless to say we had a big talk with James about staying with us. To his defense we had already been out the front door to jump in the bounce house and I did tell him I would take him to the one out back, he had eaten candy which gives him entirely too much energy, and he was in an environment where he felt comfortable. He knows his way around Brookhaven, it t is his home away from home since he goes to school there every day. It turned out to be quite the eventful night. We did end up staying and having a great time. James also stayed right by Mommy or Daddy's side. James is 2 1/2 now and has been asserting his independence lately but that was a little much.

I am so appreciative of my husband who goes to birthday parties and other events with me and the boys so we can each be in charge of one of the boys and enjoy ourselves. I am also so incredibly grateful for our wonderful friends who help us and love us through all that we go through as parents. Thankfully the rest of our weekend was fun but uneventful in a good way! More on that tomorrow. Once again I have a lot of blogging to catch up on! I have several blog posts I need to backdate and post in October. How is it November already?!?