Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Coco


Sometimes you do not realize how much you love someone or something until he/she/it is gone. That is exactly what happened with Coco today! I had no idea how much I love this dog. Coco really is Sean's dog. She is so sweet but does not leave his side once he gets home from work. Sean took out the trash before he left for work early this morning. Coco went with him but we did not realize it until two hours later when I asked Simon to kennel the dogs. Simon said Coco wasn't in the house. I immediately ran through the house looking for her and since she is normally in one of two places, the couch or her dog bed, I knew she was gone. With three kids and two dogs in the house our week had been a little busy and needless to say I didn't realize she was missing. I packed up the kids and jumped in the car. I called Sean at work and he headed home to help us search. My heart was racing and I had that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Coco is not microchipped and although she had a collar on, her tags had fallen off a week or so ago and had not been replaced yet. I thought for sure she was gone. I was trying not to panic since all three kids were in the car with me. I asked the garbage men and mailman to please keep an eye out and call me if they saw Coco. They were so nice and wrote my cell number down and promised to call if they saw her. I drove up and down the streets of our neighborhood yelling her name out the window. We were one streets behind our house when a neighbor heard me and came outside. She asked if I was looking for my dog. I said yes, our boxer. She said my next door neighbor has her; I have three boxers and she thought she was one of mine. The nicest lady was already making flyers to post in our neighborhood. Her sister actually found Coco at the church on Lovers down the street from our house. I can't believe she did not get hit by a car! The sister took Coco to a vet to see if she had a microchip. The sister knew her sister's neighbor had three boxers and thought Coco was one of her dogs. That is how Coco ended up back in our neighborhood. We were so grateful to our neighbors and happy to have Coco back home!