Monday, April 27, 2009

At the hospital

On our way to the hospital!


SO excited =)


Daddy-to-be


Lounging on the short couch


We arrived at the hospital and checked in around 5:00 p.m. We filled out paperwork, I got dressed in the lovely hospital gown, and then my nurse asked a long list of health history and pregnancy related questions. They immediately put a band around my belly that monitors James' heartbeat and my contractions. The doctor on duty examined me and then did an ultrasound just to make sure James is still head down. He is, but apparently he is still positioned very high. The lab tech drew my blood but I won't have an IV until the morning. I was given the Cervadil around 7:00 p.m. and the monitor says I am having contractions but I haven't felt anything yet. The nurse said I must have a high pain tolerance which is good! Not that I am going to try to be superwoman. I already signed the paperwork for an epidural when needed. The nurse will wake me up at 5:00 a.m. and remove the Cervadil, let me shower, then we will start the Pitocin! We are anticipating a long labor since James is positioned so high. I will try to update the blog tomorrow, depending on how I feel! So far, I feel great and we are really excited. Sean is spending the night on the couch next to me. He is 6' 4" but the couch is so little his legs hang off from the knees down and are propped up on the end table next to it. Poor thing, it cannot be comfortable. I am letting him watch basketball though since I watched Dancing With The Stars earlier! We are going to try to get some rest now and will update tomorrow.