Monday, April 27, 2009

Checking into hospital tonight!

Just a quick update. We went to our doctor's appointment this morning and we will be checking into the hospital tonight! We will be at Baylor, downtown. I don't know what time yet, someone will call later this afternoon to confirm, but Dr. Matthews said it will probably be sometime between 6-8p.m.

Tonight I will be given Cervidil to get my cervix ready. Cervidil is a slow release Prostaglandin, which contains a hormone similar to those produced naturally by your body which helps stimulate labor. Some women will go into labor with Cervidil alone or it is possible I will need something more, like Pitocin, on Tuesday morning to "really get things moving" as my doctor said. I have no idea how long labor will be but I am assuming all day at least. Dr. Matthews also said our baby boy is getting big! He is estimating at least 8 1/2 lbs. Yikes! Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow and pray for a safe delivery. We will have our phones with us so feel free to text througout the day. We will send out an email when James arrives!