Monday, April 27, 2009

Nursery

I have had several requests for nursery pictures, which I really have been meaning to post! I could not have done it on my own. Papa, my step-dad, was over at our house every day for a week. He took the wood paneling off of the accent wall, dry walled, re-textured, and painted it navy blue. Sean helped him by painting the remaining three walls white and then they both put the furniture together! Mom and I did the hard part of shopping and picking everything out. We also did a really good job pointing out where we wanted the furniture to go! ;-)

I have a lot more pictures of the work in progress but for now here is a Before, During, and After shot!

Before

Work in Progress



After
I absolutely love the curtains. There is another set of them on the other window that is not in the picture. In fact, I designed the entire nursery around them. The crib is also a lifestyle crib that converts to a toddler bed then a full size bed so the room will really grow with James. I still need to frame pictures and hang them on the walls. I also don't have any art yet. I didn't want to buy something just to buy something so when I find the right thing I will know!